So we tried two of the deceptively delicious recipes. Walter made the butternut squash quesadillas and I made the brownies with spinach and carrots. The quesadillas were pretty good. I actually liked them a lot. Walter liked them, but he thought they were a little too bland. The brownies were just nasty in my opinion. Walter didn't care for them either. Every time I opened the lid to the pyrex dish I smelled spinach and not chocolate. They didn't taste good at all, but I guess these brownies are just meant to disguise the vegetables, so kids who hate veggies will eat them. I really don't think we will try these recipes anymore....well at least not until we have kids because we decided we just like vegetables by themselves. We enjoy eating vegetables so to have them mixed in with all this other stuff is not as appetizing to us. If anyone tries any of the other recipes on the site let me know how they turn out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
After your post I was thinking about getting that book. I have a hard time getting Madi to eat vegies. But maybe I should try some of the recipes before I buy the book. Good luck with the fleas. Thanks for your comments. I like knowing someone is reading my blog!!
Amy
I think that Madi would probably like most of the recipes. The brownies weren't awful if you have never had brownies before, but if you have had good chocolate fudge brownies, then this doesn't compare. You might want to try some of the other desserts that she has on the Oprah site. Thanks for your comments too! I don't think many people read my blog, but it's nice to know you do :o)
Post a Comment