Thanksgiving...

Today we are going to the mountain house in NC to spend Thanksgiving with Walter's family. It's nice to go there to relax and get away from the busyness of work and everyday life. It's easy to take things for granted around this time of year, like family and friends and loved ones you expect to see everyday. We are never guaranteed tomorrow and sometimes it is hard to keep that in perspective. My grandmother was recently diagnosed with lung and kidney cancer. Walter and I spent last weekend with her. It was good to see her, but pretty depressing sitting in the nursing home all day. It's hard to imagine going home and not going to visit her one day. Although she is 88 years old it is really hard to let go. I am grateful for family and friends in my life this Thanksgiving. I don't want to take one day for granted because I know that everyday is a is an undeserved gift from God.

Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Instead, you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that." -James 4: 14-15


Here is a picture of Walter and I in NC last Thanksgiving.

1 comments:



Christy Younger said...

Sweet Laura,
what a sweet post. I'm sorry about your Grandmother. How sweet that you all got to visit her!
Love ya, Christy