What's your Myers-Briggs?
Walter is an INFJ and I am an ENFJ, so we are very similar except for the introvert and extrovert part. My neighbor was asking me, well, then if you guys have such similar personalities, you must get along great? I don't know if that's true. I think sometimes that is why we are so stubborn and butt heads on stupid things that don't even matter. I think we have the same vision and understanding on almost everything, but it's the dumb things in life like fighting over turning the air on or off in the car that we bump heads about.
We both completed these huge packets of tests for our Spiritual in Ministry Formation class to see what our spiritual gifts are and what area of ministry we would be best suited for. At the end of November we will have our meeting with Dr. Douglass to see what our areas of strengths and weaknesses are and how we work best together in ministry. Myers Briggs was just one of the many tests we took. Here is what I found out about myself from the Divine Design paper...
My spiritual gifts are: hospitality, mercy/compassion, craftsmanship, teaching and wisdom.
I know if I could contribute in any type of ministry it would be one of these places:
serving at a pregnancy crisis center- to share the Gospel with women who are seeking guidance and teaching them the value of life and adoption.
working for a Christian adoption agency- to share the Gospel with all who are involved in the adoption process. Showing others how adoption is truly a representation of Christ adopting us.
working in a ministry focused on racial reconciliation-whether a church or a para church I want the church to be unified as the body of Christ. My prayer is to show others the truth of the Gospel and how Christ died for all, therefore we all should worship the same God together.
Women’s ministry- to show women love, compassion and mercy. To pray and encourage women who are hurting with God’s truth.
working in a Christian school- maybe?
Here's what I learned by taking the Myers-Briggs test:
I am not the least bit introverted. I know I am an extrovert! When I am around people I feel energized! I enjoy talking to others and encouraging them.
I perceive and take in information through my intuition rather than sensing which means I am more visionary. I also tend to be very impatient working with details, but I am often observant of details when it comes to Art, decorating, etc.
I am primarily on the feeling rather side of the scale. I am more interested in people and how others feel about things, but sometime I do have a tendency to be less tactful so in those times I guess I am more thinking than feeling.
I am almost entirely on the judgment side of the scale rather than the perception side. I enjoy having a plan and sticking to it. I also like to stay organized. I get great pleasure out of finishing a project that I have worked hard on. I like things to be settled and not left up in the air!
I'm an expressive driver which means...
Strengths: I am goal-orientated so that is a strong quality for ministry. I am also friendly and enthusiastic so I can make people feel comfortable and welcome. I work quickly and get things done and I can quickly take charge and responsibility. I am a dreamer so I get excited about my vision for ministry and my enthusiasm spreads and influences others.
Weaknesses: I can easily become to controlling and stubborn. Sometimes I am impatient and insensitive and lose sight of the goal. I am sometimes too quick to make assumptions about things that I haven’t gather enough information about. I have a very short attention span so I am better at talking than listening to others. Sometimes I think I can easily become “me” centered due to my controlling nature.
I Corinthians 9:22 states "I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some." This is a good verse for me to focus on and memorize.
These are just a few things I learned from taking these tests...
I'm an ENFJ...
- Saturday, October 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Not surprisingly, we're VERY similar. I'm an ENFJ (with a 39 J and 2 P!) -- slightly less of an extravert than you are. And I'm a driver-expressive instead of expressive-driver. Isn't it interesting? I think your meeting with him will be a HUGE blessing as well.
Post a Comment