Here are some pictures of our new apartment in St. Louis. We really like it here. Our apartment is pretty big. It feels more like a small house than an apartment. We decided to rent a 1 bedroom instead of a 2 bedroom because we don't need two bedrooms and these have plenty of storage space!
I'm loving the hardwood floors. I guess I have always wanted them because I grew up with hardwoods in my parents' house and they are easier to clean than carpet.
We found out that we are in the same apartment that our former associate pastor and his wife lived in, Giorgio and Amanda. They lived here about 10 years ago. They painted the walls in the basement blue. :o)The bushes need to be trimmed, but luckily we don't have to do that. We don't have to cut the grass either, but gardening is actually encouraged (we get reimburesed $40 if we garden), but I am going to wait until next spring to plant anything. Walter is enjoying our tomato plants that we already have. They are on the left. (You can't see them in this picture though.)
Solomon is waiting to greet you!
Come on in!
No dishwasher in here! Walter and Laura are the dishwashers! (It actually hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be though)
We decided to take the sliding doors off our closet and put curtains up instead to make it easier to access our clothes.
This is just a corner of our unfinished basement. This is where Walter studies most of the time. He wants to make the other side of the basement his "man zone"..whatever that means. Apparently every guy here makes the basement into their "man zone" full of free stuff from Craig's List.
And here is just a little bit of the Ancient Greek that Walter has to cram into his brain! Fun stuff, huh?
The best part of living here is being in a community with people who are going through the same exact thing we are.
our apartment
- Sunday, August 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Your apartment is cute! We have that same red couch! :) And we don't have a dishwasher at our new apartment either...but it's not too bad washing dishes. Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment