Anonymous Teacher


Mr. Stiffler and Tamil


Awhile back Walter and I were invited to a banquet at his school to honor teachers during teacher appreciation week. The teacher cadet class (a class to train future teachers) invited 20 teachers they wanted to honor and recognize at the banquet. Walter was chosen out of his faculty of 130 teachers! I was so proud of him. He really needed that boost of encouragement and acknowledgment because his previous week of teaching was pretty rough.

It was really cool because each student wrote something about the teacher they wanted to honor. Walter didn't know who invited him at first. I told him he should be really excited because it was only his first year there and the students could pick any teacher from all their years at Gaffney High. One of his Economics students, a senior wrote this about Mr. Stiffler and presented it to him in a frame at the banquet:

Anonymous Teacher

From the moment I entered your class
I knew that we would have a blast

You introduced yourself and told the class your name
I introduced myself and did the same.

I asked you why you were so short
And the comment you gave showed that you had a kind heart.

I knew that I was in the wrong
However I apologized to make our friendship strong.

Tax this tax that is all I ever heard
Many times I attended class feeling like a nerd.

Just to let you know I appreciate what you do
You changed my life in an excellent way you really have no clue.

~Tamil Leach

2 comments:



Unknown said...

That is SO cool!!! Especially coming from a high school student!!! Wonderful! The Lord works through us even in bad days, and even in really bad days!! Thankfully kids of all ages are really forgiving!!! You make the teacher name proud!!

Unknown said...

i have done yoga classes... at the rec center at our school, lately i've been doing my videos. yoga booty ballet is fun!! abs are great! and another one, rodney chee i think...